Chocolate Crepes are a perfect treat to add to any breakfast table or dessert buffet and even better to make into a CAKE - that's right!!!! Elegant and show stopping dishes do not have to be difficult and take hours to prepare - my Chocolate Crepe Cake is a perfect example of this! I absolutely love spreading a layer of my Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting on each deliciously perfect crepe to make my chocolate crepe cake. You can of course use layer this cake with fresh whipped cream and fruit such as sliced strawberries or bananas, or even use a cream cheese frosting. I personally however love the combination of Chocolate and Peanut butter - I mean really, how can you go wrong and who doesn't love sweet and salty combo?
¼ cup melted butter
additional butter, to make crepes
1. Place flour, cocoa powder, sugar and salt into a medium sized mixing
bowl. Stir to combine.
2. Add eggs, milk, vanilla and melted butter. Using a hand held whisk or electric whisk, mix
until combined and you have a smooth batter.
3. Allow batter to sit for at least 20 minutes.
4. Pour 1/3 cup batter into frying pan, that has been lightly coated
with some butter. Cook over medium low
heat, for about a minute or until top is
dry and then flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
5. To make cake, spread a few tablespoons of
your favorite frosting, such as my Creamy Peanut Butter Frosting, on each crepe, and stack them on top of one
another. Place in fridge to set and then
***Makes about 15-20 crepes
Labels: Breakfast, Desserts