Easy and tasty comfort food is the perfect way to describe my delicious Chicken and Biscuits. This dish is PERFECT to warm you up this fall and winter!!! Be sure to SHARE this video with your family and friends!
2 tablespoons oil
½ medium onion, diced
1 stick celery, finely diced
3 chicken breasts, diced
1 teaspoon of parsley, rosemary, thyme, black pepper
½ teaspoon salt, or to taste
½ of a chicken bouillon cube
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic or 1-3 gloves depending preference
4 ½ cups water
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
Cornstarch slurry: 4 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 4 tablespoons water
1 ½ cup flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
½ cup butter, cubed
2/3 cup buttermilk
1. Place oil in saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add diced onion and celery. Cook until onions are translucent and celery tender – about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add diced chicken pieces and seasonings - parsley, rosemary, thyme, black pepper and salt. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add minced garlic and chicken bouillon cube to chicken and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
5. Add water and frozen mixed vegetables.
6. Bring sauce to a boil and then add in cornstarch slurry.
7. Stir mixture and continue cooking for another 5-10 minutes.
8. Carefully, pour chicken sauce into a baking dish or casserole dish and set aside.
9. To prepare biscuit topping, place flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and garlic powder into a medium sized bowl. Stir to combine.
10. Add butter and cut into dry ingredients until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
11. Add buttermilk and stir, using a fork, until combined – dough will be sticky.
12. Using a spoon or icecream scoop, place dollops of biscuit dough over chicken sauce.
13. Bake in preheated 410 oven for 20 minutes or until biscuits are cooked through and golden brown.
14. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!