It's Fall and that means delicious comforting desserts. Learn how to make easy Apple Crisp! Crisp warm apples under and delicious oatmeal crisp topping. Be sure to SHARE this recipe!!
2 Granny Smith Apples, diced
3 Gala Apples, diced
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup quick oats
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup softened butter
1. Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan and set aside.
2. Place apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and water into saucepan. Stir to combine and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes. Once done remove from heat.
3. While apples are cooking make topping by combining flour, sugar and oats in a medium sized bowl.
4. Add butter and using clean hands or a fork, mix butter into flour mixture until you have bread crumb texture. Mixture should hold its shape when pressed together.
5. Pour cooked apples into a prepared baking dish.
6. Spread topping evenly over apples
7. Bake at 375 for 20 – 25 minutes
8. Serve and enjoy with homemade ice cream