Looking for a simple cake that taste delicious and is light and fluffy and melts in your mouth like cotton candy? Try my amazing Lemon Chiffon Cake!
3 eggs at
room temperature, separated
1 1/2 cups cake flour, sifted
1 ½ teaspoons
½ cup milk
juice and zest from one
1. Preheat oven to 325. DO NOT GREASE BAKING PAN
2. Combine all dry ingredients in
a bowl and then set aside.
3. In a small bowl stir 1/4 cup
sugar and lemon zest to combine.
4. Place egg yolks, sugar and
zest into a bowl and whisk to combine, until mixture is thick and pale in
color. About 2 minutes
5. Add lemon juice, oil, milk, and
vanilla, to egg and sugar mixture. Stir
to fully combine.
6. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients
and stir to combine and until batter is smooth.
7. Place egg whites into the
bowl of a standing mixer and add a pinch of salt. Beat egg whites on medium high speed for about
2 minutes – whites should begin to foam.
8. Begin slowly adding your
remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, about a table spoon at a time. Once all the sugar has been added continue
mixing until you have medium stiff peaks.
Total mixing time can take between 5-10 minutes. Egg whites should be glossy.
9. Add one third of egg whites to
your batter and stir to combine.
10. Add remaining egg whites and
gently fold into batter until fully incorporated.
11. Pour batter into UNGREASED baking pan – angel food pan or
12. Bake in preheated oven for 40-45
minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean and cake is
springy to the touch.
13. Remove from oven and turn
cake pan upside down to cool completely -
at least 30 minutes
14. Run knife along edges,
bottom and center of baking pan to release cake.