The search for the most divine Coconut Cake, that is moist, light, and
incredibly delicious is over. This cake
is easy to make and is perfect for any occasion from birthdays and dinner
parties to family dinner dessert!
Covered in a Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting, this cake will have your family,
friends, and guest wanting more! This
recipe can also be used to make cupcakes.
½ cup sugar
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup coconut milk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350. Grease 2 9” baking
pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper
Place flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar into the bowl of a
standing mixer. Using the paddle
attachment, turn mixer on low speed.
3. With your mixer on, slowly add the butter a
few tablespoons at a time. Mix until
mixture resembles a sand-like texture.
4. Slowly pour in the coconut milk. Add vanilla extract. Stir until just combine and then stop and
scrap the sides and bottom of your bowl.
5. Add eggs, one at a time, and mix until
6. Pour batter evenly into the prepared baking pans.
7. Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick
inserted into the centre of cake comes out clean.
8. Allow cakes to cool in pans for 5-10 minutes
before inverting onto a cooling rack.
Ensure cakes cool completely to room temperature before assembly cake.