This Chocolate Cream Pie is light, silky, and melts in your mouth. Perfectly balanced and not too sweet!
1 pre-baked pie shell
6 oz unsweetened chocolate
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 jar marshmallow fluff
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups whipped cream, whipped to stiff peaks
1. Place chocolate and butter
into the top of a bain-marie (double boiler), and stir until melted and
2. Using a rubber spatula, add
the marshmallow fluff to the melted chocolate.
Stir to combine.
3. Transfer marshmallow mixture
into a medium saucepan, set to medium-low heat, and add milk. Stir until combined and smooth.
4. Once combined, remove
saucepan from the stove, and set aside until marshmallow mixture cools to room temperature. You can stir mixture every 10 minutes to
ensure it cools evenly.
5. Once completely cooled, gently
fold in 1 cup of the unsweetened whipped cream, until incorporated.
6. Pour chocolate filling into
prepared pie shell and smooth top.
7. Sweeten remaining 1 cup of whipped
cream, to taste, with 2-3 tablespoons confections sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla
8. Top off pie with sweetened
whipped cream. Garnish the top with
shaved chocolate or chocolate chips – white, semi-sweet, or bittersweet.
9. Place pie in the fridge overnight,
or for at least 6-8 hours, to set.
10. Cut into desired pieces and