I absolutely love a slice of banana bread for breakfast, with a nice hot cup of tea (not a coffee drinker)! Therefore I was please to be able to create a whole wheat variation of this recipe that is super moist, not too dense, and oh yeah and....DELICIOUS!!!
3 or 4 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup cooking oil
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup cake flour (or sifted all-purpose flour)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
Topping (optional): 1/2 cup of granola and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Preheat oven to 350F and lightly grease loaf/cake/bundt pan. Set aside.
2. Place banana's in a bowl and mash until puree'd.
3. In a bowl, combine oil, eggs, sugar, banana pulp, milk, and vanilla. Mix together until well incorporated.
4. Place whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon into a separate bowl. Using a wired whisk mix together to combine.
5. Add half of your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix util combined. Add remaining dry ingredients and incorporate until just combined. Scrape down the sides of your bowl to ensure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
6. Pour into prepared greased pan. Smooth out the top and sprinkle over granola walnut topping (optional).
7. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
8. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.